Monday, January 14, 2013

Screenflow/Ink2Go/Keynote

So this afternoon, I tested the screencasting application "Screenflow" by Telestream (http://www.telestream.net/screenflow).

I launched Apple's Keynote (http://www.apple.com/keynote) and Ink2Go (http://ink2.eyepowergames.com), a dynamic screen annotation application.

Keynote preferences were set to default, with the exception of Preferences/Slideshow and checking the box to "Allow Expose, Dashboard and others to use the screen" and selecting "Show pointer when mouse moves."

Ink2Go preferences were left at the installed default settings.

Screenflow preferences/settings were also left at the installed default settings, i.e., "record desktop from your iMac", record audio from "Blue Snowball", and "Record Computer Audio."

I initiated a Screenflow recording, launched Keynote into Play mode, and used Ink2Go to annotate on screen, add a whiteboard, add more annotations, erase, and return to Keynote.  All the while, I was speaking using a Blue Snowball microphone (http://bluemic.com/snowball/).

I then used Screenflow to edit the presentation to exactly 1 minute in length (including ensuring 0 addition frames beyond 1:00).  After editing, the scratch file was saved to the desktop (12.4 Mb).

Screenflow allows for multiple export and sharing options.  Below are listed export settings and resultant file sizes:

  • Web-High (mp4): 5.109 Mb
  • Web-Low (mp4): 3.722 Mb
  • iPad (m4v): 6.567 Mb
  • Windows Media (wmv): 1.379 Mb 

No comments:

Post a Comment